Terms & Conditions for 2013
All nominees must operate or work in the Cowichan Valley Regional District. The Awards process relies on the calibre of the nomination and nominee. The number of nominations for an individual/business may be considered in the case of a tie.
- Nominations must include the nominator’s name and phone number to be valid.
- All valid nominations will be considered. The Black Tie committee reserves the right to place nominations in the appropriate category. The Black Tie Committee reserves the right to change the category of nomination or modify a category to accommodate nominations.
- Nominees will only be considered in one category.
- There are no more than 3 finalists in each category.
- Each nominator must be interviewed in person or by phone in order for the nomination to go forward.
- The nomination interview committee will make 3 attempts to contact and interview all parties involved in the nomination process to determine their eligibility, but cannot be held at fault if such attempts are unsuccessful.
- Past winners cannot be considered for 5 years following their win.
- Family members cannot nominate other family members. This includes spouses & common law spouses.
- Employees of Black Tie sponsors are eligible to become finalists in the Customer Service category.
- Employees and co-workers of Black Tie committee members are eligible to become finalists in the Customer Service Category.
- Businesses who employ Black Tie committee members are not eligible to be nominated in any of the Business Achievement categories, Young Entrepreneur, Art in Business or Green Award categories.
- Black Tie Committee members cannot be individual finalists in any category. If a committee member accepts nomination, they must step down from the committee for the duration of the current year’s award process.
- The staff and Directors of the Duncan-Cowichan Chamber of Commerce are not eligible to be nominated.