Support staff enjoy being part of an environment of hard working and caring individuals that are united to make the world a better place, maintaining a learning environment for local and international students. This position is a continuous, permanent, year-round position.
With the present health crisis in BC, solo work and safe distancing practices are in place.
Title: Maintenance Assistant
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Hourly rate: $17 to $18 based on experience; Extended Health plan after probation.
- Provide support to maintenance needs, delivered in a timely manner and upheld to quality standards
- Assist with any and all requirements which may arise during the day to day operations of the school
- Assist with School events set up and take-down
- Support various project work, as directed by facilities manager
- Qualified painter with minimum of 3 years experience
- Organized with attention to detail
- Some experience with carpentry and maintenance
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Basic use of hand tools
- Ability to take directions
- Strong work ethic
- Good people and communications skills
- Work as a member of a team
- Reliable and responsible, able to work unsupervised
- Driver’s licence
To work at this school, you must have your own transportation, provide a current driver’s abstract and clear a Criminal Records Review.
Applicants are to provide:
- One page maximum cover letter
- Three (3) references
Closing Date: This position will remain open until the hiring of a successful applicant.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their time and will only contact selected candidates