The Pharmacy Assistant assists the pharmacist in fulfilling prescriptions, welcoming patients and dispensing medication. He or she must provide unparalleled customer care.
Service to patients
• Welcome patients in a professional and considerate manner.
• Comply with legal intervention limits regarding patients and confidentiality.
• Respond to questions from patients or refer them to the pharmacist, as the case may be.
• Receive and forward suggestions from patients to the person in charge.
• Respond to telephone calls and record information regarding prescription refills. Filter all other calls.
• Enter prescriptions info into the software, process and fill the Prescriptions
• Collect the relevant patient information. Create and update patient records on the computer.
• Enter and renew prescriptions and help filling prescriptions
• Prepare the packaging of prescriptions by counting pills and applying labels and appropriate precautions on the vials.
• Obtain the pharmacist’s approval for prescriptions and other documents.
• Record purchases on the POS and handle cash, credit card and debit payments, where applicable.
• Transfer claims to insurers and settle various problems regarding these claims.
• Coordinate the delivery service for prescriptions and sterile products.
• Dispose of biomedical waste in a safe manner.
• Prepare and package sterile products.
• Organize the preparation of pills and blister cards.
• Conduct regular monetary deposits or currency orders and fill out a cash report.
• Ensure sufficient supply quantities for the proper functioning of operations.
• Open and close the pharmacy according to control and follow-up procedures, where applicable.
• Manage the purchasing of the medication and material required in the preparation of Compound products.
• Identify the merchandise needs and prepare orders for suppliers.
• Verify the content of the merchandise on delivery. Verify this content against the invoices and purchase orders.
• Place the products in the proper location and ensure the rotation of medication according to expiry dates and established protocols.
• Conduct merchandise claims from various companies and ship the returns.
Employee Management (where applicable)
• Establish a list of priorities, distribute tasks to employees and ensure the performance of these tasks.
• Prepare work schedules according to operational needs.
• Take part in hiring, welcoming, training and evaluating the performance of new employees.
• Collaborate with management to implement disciplinary measures.
• Communicate all relevant information to employees regarding work procedures.
• Coordinate professional events for the department.
• Mobilize employees to create a harmonious work environment.
• Perform all other responsibilities required by management.
Qualifications and skills :
• Community Pharmacy experience is must
• Mathematical skills
• Highly developed sense of customer care;
• Communication skills;
• Listening and empathy skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Team spirit;
Please forward your resume to Duncanpharmacyrx@gmail.com