Associations & Organizations
The vision of Volunteer Cowichan is that the diverse communities living in the Cowichan Valley will connect and cooperate to create valuable social capital for future generations.
- provide a means for the encouragement of voluntary citizenship participation in health, welfare, recreation, education, cultural and civic programs.
- provide a central unit for recruitments, registration, training and placement of volunteers in such programs
- encourage community services to use volunteers and to maintain high standards in their use of volunteers
- assist in the creation of projects to meet community needs and interests which can utilize volunteers
- provide a Community Information Service
- relieve conditions associated with aging by providing housekeeping, shopping assistance, yard maintenance, downsizing assistance and transportation to non-medical appointments to individuals affected by these conditions
- promote public participation with volunteer and community organizations with an aim to foster good citizenship and encourage healthy communities.
Our Definition of Volunteering
Volunteering is a fundamental building block of civil society. It brings to life the noblest aspirations of humankind – the pursuit of peace, freedom, opportunity, safety, and justice for all people.
Now Hiring Volunteer CoordinatorCategory: Administrative, Support & ClericalVolunteer Coordinator Position: 24 hours to March 31, 2023Responsible to: Executive DirectorROP: $25.00/hourStart Date: As soon as possible Function The Volunteer Coordinator will assist Volunteer Cowichan and local agencies to promote, mobilize and celebrate volunteers. They will be responsible for recruiting, screening, training, retaining, supporting and recognizing volunteers for existing ...read moreContact:Phone:(250) 748-2133